Wednesday, April 6, 2011

West Portal

I am leaving tomorrow afternoon for the San Francisco show that starts on Friday. The weather at this show can be brutal. It is most often cold and windy, but if there is any rain it is nasty. This weekend, it looks like it may rain a little on Friday, but hopefully not enough to call the show for the day. If it is really bad in the morning when we are supposed to set up, the promoter may cancel the show for the day, and all the artists will return on Saturday and try again. Saturday and Sunday look good, but a little cold. But I have noticed that San Franciscans will go out in the coldest weather with just a little wrap. One year, we had left home for the show, and there was about 5 feet of snow on the ground. But in the middle of the day in San Francisco, I was almost in tears because of the cold. And just then, a beautifully dressed red head walks by in her pumps and little silky throw, and I was completely impressed. Time to woman-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Calaveras County, California, United States
I love the stones and pearls, and the magic that happens when I combine them, and then again combined with the glass I make. You can find me at an Art show somewhere in Northern California most weekends during the spring and summer. Email me at FUNGIRLSJEWELRY@Gmail.com if you like.