Monday, December 29, 2008

Post Holidaze

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! It is always great when they come, and GREAT when they are over.
I had Christmas dinner at my house.....for the first time EVER, and I am pretty old never to have hosted the family Christmas before. What a lot of work!
Since the move, the house has not been totally "done", so now, the rooms had to look like actual rooms, cleaned, fresh sheets, blankets for all, etc, and lots of food needed to be cooked. Most of you know this drill.
So I noticed that in my normal life, when I have so much jewelry to make and shows to do, there are times when I LOVE being in the kitchen, or times I am wanting desperately to be cleaning a messy house. So now, when I had so much kitchen and house work to do, I longed to be in the studio!!! Isn't life weird?
My stepdaughter wanted a pair of copper hoop earrings for Christmas, which of course I don't normally make, so I was messing around in the studio on a break from "Christmas prep" to see what this would entail, and it was so much fun, I didn't want to quit! But I just didn't have the time. So today, post Holidays, I am going out to the studio to play around with copper. Perhaps if I make something interesting, I will post a picture here of what turns up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Calaveras County, California, United States
I love the stones and pearls, and the magic that happens when I combine them, and then again combined with the glass I make. You can find me at an Art show somewhere in Northern California most weekends during the spring and summer. Email me at FUNGIRLSJEWELRY@Gmail.com if you like.