Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Show was GOOD!

I got home last night from the San Francisco show. Saturday was packed, and the crowd was the usual artsy, educated Bay area craft and art enthusiasts. Sunday was slower and much less crowded. It was such great fun to be out in the world again, so the slowness of Sunday allowed me to really enjoy talking with people, something I don't have the time for at a lot of the shows.

The work at this show is so fabulous, I just have to force myself to stay in my booth, or I will spend more money than I make. I did buy a great little hat for the shows this year, but I didn't buy the incredible hand knit sweater coat, or the amazing little wind chime made of urchin spines, or the jewelry I admire from so many talented metalsmiths!!!! There were 100 jewelers in a show of 200 artisans, so if you like art jewelry, this really was the show to go to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Calaveras County, California, United States
I love the stones and pearls, and the magic that happens when I combine them, and then again combined with the glass I make. You can find me at an Art show somewhere in Northern California most weekends during the spring and summer. Email me at FUNGIRLSJEWELRY@Gmail.com if you like.