Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Is it just me?

Is it just me, or does it also seem to you that nothing is moving right now. People are slow to return calls, things that normally happen instantaneously are, well, not happening at all. I am slow. I mean, slower than normal.

A lot of people are on vacation right now, so perhaps that is part of this energy. If I don't hear from someone, I just assume they are on vacation. This is one very good thing about making jewelry for a living. It isn't like a heart by-pass, something that has to happen right now or look out. A necklace, while perhaps desired for a special event on a certain day, most of the time can happen at it's own pace.

Now the house we are currently in escrow with, certainly has it's own pace and time reality. I remember the show we did in June just after we made the bid. That show is so far in the past!! How many shows since then, and how many pieces of jewelry I have made since then. But the house is still in escrow. Perhaps this is where my feeling of S>>L>>>O>>>W>>> is coming from. I wonder if it is setting a world record for the longest escrow ever.

I am looking forward to the new house, but I am also very excited about the possible return of the focus I have lost while waiting for this house. Not that I was a champion of focus pre-house,
but I have set a personal record lately for total confusion and lack of direction. My mind is stuck.

Enough of this. I need to go make stuff!!! I will use my hands, and not my mind. Could be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Calaveras County, California, United States
I love the stones and pearls, and the magic that happens when I combine them, and then again combined with the glass I make. You can find me at an Art show somewhere in Northern California most weekends during the spring and summer. Email me at FUNGIRLSJEWELRY@Gmail.com if you like.