Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Getting Ready for Orinda

A milestone has been passed - from now until March of 2009, all my shows will be indoors. This is a good thing!! In this business, the weather can effect your sales. It has been a pretty long time since I can remember losing a show day to rain, and that isn't all good news. We need the rain so badly, that it would be GREAT to lose a show day! But not this year.
John and I took a day off yesterday and drove to Lake Comanche, which is only about 12 miles from our new house. It was pretty desolate, being October, but it is easy to see how busy it must be in the summer, with the boat docks, lots of camping and special activity areas. But it was also incredibly low, as in "no water". This is the water source for the East Bay, so now I can understand when a few of my customers were talking about installing low flush toilets, and conserving water.
In the new house, we will have to pay for extra water usage, so I am beginning to research how much water it takes to do stuff, like flush the toilet. I also wanted to save my bath water for the landscaping, but I couldn't figure that one out. Give me time!! I am getting ready for Orinda right now, so that will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Calaveras County, California, United States
I love the stones and pearls, and the magic that happens when I combine them, and then again combined with the glass I make. You can find me at an Art show somewhere in Northern California most weekends during the spring and summer. Email me at FUNGIRLSJEWELRY@Gmail.com if you like.