Saturday, September 6, 2008

New House

I don't know if I have written about the house here. I think I may have mentioned the escrow, which seemed to go on forever, but I never mentioned we finally closed on the house. I may have a picture to upload, but it doesn't photograph well. The house sits midhill, and the half acre or so below is a big field with live oak trees....very California, yet the view and the rocks are reminisenct of Arizona, where I first took metalsmithing classes in the late 90's. The house sits on a small piece of the acre, and is surrounded by "mature" landscaping, a real estate term I learned that means big trees/and or bushes. And it is a good thing they are big, or they would have died. With no rain this year, and the house empty for 6 months, a lot of things died. I really need to thank the listing broker, who sent her son to the house to do some watering, or everything would be dead. What a nice thing to do!!
I will look for a picture now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Calaveras County, California, United States
I love the stones and pearls, and the magic that happens when I combine them, and then again combined with the glass I make. You can find me at an Art show somewhere in Northern California most weekends during the spring and summer. Email me at FUNGIRLSJEWELRY@Gmail.com if you like.