Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Show Must Go On

Back in the day I had a 'real' job, I had to be REALLY sick to take a sick day, so I remember many days on the job not feeling well enough to be there. Well, let me tell you that when you are self-employed, there is no such thing as calling in sick, regardless of how sick that might be. Being able to stand upright constitutes the necessary level of health to go to a show.

I was pretty darn sick at Saratoga on Sunday, something I have not experienced before. I tried to lay down for a while, but I actually felt worse laying there in complete awareness of how sick I was than when I was on my feet, keeping busy talking to people. So today, two days later, I am still recouperating . And I am pretty behind on orders. So there is the sad story about that. Now I am going to lay down again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Calaveras County, California, United States
I love the stones and pearls, and the magic that happens when I combine them, and then again combined with the glass I make. You can find me at an Art show somewhere in Northern California most weekends during the spring and summer. Email me at FUNGIRLSJEWELRY@Gmail.com if you like.