Sunday, March 2, 2008

Handmade in LA

I am so excited that this upcoming show in San Franciso is indoors. Sounds crazy, but trying to anticipate cold, hot or wet weather for outdoor shows is difficult, especially when I want to look as good as possible in these same clothes! I feel my "eye" for what jewelry looks good on women has certainly developed over the course of my jewelry career, but this same eye hasn't transferred to what clothing looks good on me!

I was just in L.A. for the weekend, and went into a clothing store in the Silver Lake district. I am a lover of hanmade clothing anyhow, so when I learned that all of the clothes in this store were made in the store by two sisters, I could feel my credit card slipping out of my pocket! I tried something on, I was doubtful. The owner told me I looked good in it, and of course my inner critic wondered if she were trying to make a sale. A different little voice told me it was the kind of clothing that doesn't come along again, so I decided to trust her judgement. I am so glad I bought this piece! I DO look good in it! And I love it. It will be in my collection for a very long time, and I would be shocked to ever see anyone else wearing one. Maybe I can get a photo up here. The shop is Matrushka Construciotn on Sunset Blvd- http://www.matrushka.com/

Now, back to the studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Calaveras County, California, United States
I love the stones and pearls, and the magic that happens when I combine them, and then again combined with the glass I make. You can find me at an Art show somewhere in Northern California most weekends during the spring and summer. Email me at FUNGIRLSJEWELRY@Gmail.com if you like.