Thursday, March 29, 2012

Gayle Rooney

Don't we miss Andy Rooney, the commentator who bitched and moaned his way through life in the last 5 minutes of 60 Minutes?
I always liked him, and agreed with him a lot. I wish he were alive, and I wish he had a small business and I wish he had to deal with all this social networking nightmare reality. It started pretty slowly a number of years ago. I remember when "we" ( meaning everyone with something to gain or lose by the emergence of the great Internet) were told to begin an email address database. Well, OK. Finally got that, got that it had to be done, and for the most part, it is great. Then a website. More time. More money. More maintenance.
I paid $500 for a class to develop my art-based business, and after that investment, I pretty much had to do one thing they told me to do, so I began this blog. I didn't want to do it, but I enjoy it much more than I thought I would. I am sure if I was a dedicated blogger, it would be great. I really just don't think I have that much interesting information for you.
Then, every year or so, along comes a new online tool that  "we" are told to jump on board, develop, grow, network.Think now....Facebook. Now...Twitter. Now....Linkedin. And now...Pinterest. OMG.
Oh, and let's not forget the many UPDATES to these tools, so that once they are learned, they need to be RELEARNED.
So this brings me to the new look of Facebook, and I am already worn out bitching. How did Andy Rooney do this for so many years??






No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Calaveras County, California, United States
I love the stones and pearls, and the magic that happens when I combine them, and then again combined with the glass I make. You can find me at an Art show somewhere in Northern California most weekends during the spring and summer. Email me at FUNGIRLSJEWELRY@Gmail.com if you like.