Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Working

I am making it to the studio everyday. I have spent hours putting things in their place, sweeping and cleaning. I am a few weeks behind in my production schedule. Christmas too more time than I thought it would, but then again, that was probably more fault with the schedule than with the holiday.
None the less, I am working, and I started the silver fabrication I have been talking about for 6 months. I knew I would procrastinate on this. There is a big learning curve with silver work, and it isn't pretty. At the cost of silver these days, it is not pretty and not cheap! So I fumbled around for a few days, burned up some silver and some time. I solved my problems, and I am happy to say that yesterday I make 2 1/2 rings!! They are pretty simple, but at least I am going on them and warming up the old skill sets.
Right now I am waiting on a kilnload to cool down, so I think I'll go out and see whats happening. I will post some pictures of rings when I get a nice grouping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Calaveras County, California, United States
I love the stones and pearls, and the magic that happens when I combine them, and then again combined with the glass I make. You can find me at an Art show somewhere in Northern California most weekends during the spring and summer. Email me at FUNGIRLSJEWELRY@Gmail.com if you like.