Thursday, April 1, 2010

And The Electricity at Belmont Story Goes On...

I had put a lot of time and effort into getting the electrical access at the Belmont show...I will spare you all the details. The last post was the result of going to the location the night before the show to check the power outlet. Then, I wi-fied to my blog that I did indeed have the power that I told 100's of my customers about. So, it looked like all the previous steps paid off, and the power was a GO.
The Friday morning of the show, I was setting up and a maintenence man noticed my electrical cords, came over to me and told me I didn't have power. Oh yes I did, I told him, I checked it. No I didn't, he said. Yes I did, I repeated. I checked several times, and tried it last night. No I didn't he REPEATED. He has worked there 7 years, and to believe him when he said I didn't have power. The outlet only worked AT NIGHT..................
I laughed so hard, and cried at the same time for about three minutes. The man must have thought I lost my mind.
But the universe was with me on this one. The man's boss wasn't there that day, and he utterly devoted an hour of his day to hook up power for me.
What is the moral of this tale?? It seems to me that our best and most persistent efforts in life really are a crap shoot, and without helpful people our efforts can be lost. Helpful people, and a lot of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Calaveras County, California, United States
I love the stones and pearls, and the magic that happens when I combine them, and then again combined with the glass I make. You can find me at an Art show somewhere in Northern California most weekends during the spring and summer. Email me at FUNGIRLSJEWELRY@Gmail.com if you like.